Motivating Tips for Self Discipline as an Entrepreneur
There are countless benefits to being your own boss. Sadly, one of the downsides to being your own boss is that there is no one to tell you what to do or when to do it and no one to discipline you if you don’t do the things you should be doing. How then can you get into a habit of self discipline? Here are some tips to help you stay motivated and crush your to-do list:
– Develop a routine. By creating a routine for yourself you can get into a habit of working when you need to work. You will train your brain to know when work hours are, take decision making out of the process and makes action automatic.
– Remember your why. Remembering why you are in business can be the go-to motivator for any time you feel yourself straying from your plans.
– Set goals and celebrate wins. Few things are more exciting than winning and setting goals sets you up to enjoy the win of meeting goals. Make them small and frequent so that you will constantly be winning and constantly enjoying the accomplishments you are checking off on your list.
– Keep your day to day fun. In the daily grind it can be hard to have fun, but take at least some part of your day to dedicate to joy and excitement. Even if it’s a daily 15 minute dance party, do something that makes you happy and pumps those motivational endorphins!
– Change it up to keep it interesting. Even though you need a routine it doesn’t mean you have to do the same thing every day. That can get boring! If checking emails every morning is becoming monotonous, move it to the afternoon. Or get a virtual assistant to filter your emails for you leaving you time to get back to the stuff that excites you.
– Keep a list too! Not only does this help you stay focused, it helps you feel more productive because you’ll get rush from crossing things off when completed.
#onpoint #virtualoffice #govirtual