Holiday Ideas to Reward Staff Who Work Virtually
Each year, companies search for new ways to acknowledge their employees’ contributions around the holidays. Whether this manifests itself as a Christmas bonus or a company party, there are many ways to show your gratitude for coworkers during the most wonderful time of the year. However, in a virtual office, gathering everyone together in a festive celebration might be more challenging than in a typical office. Here are some ways to show your appreciation for telecommuters around the holidays:
- Award paid time off. Some companies, especially startups, can’t afford to write bonuses for employees due to a lack of resources. The money just isn’t there. However, in a flexible work environment, extending a long weekend or two to remote employees can give them the opportunity to travel, relax or catch up on their lives in the New Year. Giving time away can ultimately mean sacrificing financially, but efficient offices find ways to catch up.
- Host a virtual Secret Santa swap. eMail each telecommuter a name and address and assign a dollar value and deadline to mail a gift. Host a group Skype or teleconference where each person opens their gift. Or, start a FB group where each person posts a picture of the gift they received.
- Send electronic Amazon gift cards. Who doesn’t like to purchase on Amazon? And, it is so easy to click, purchase and send a gift card through Amazon!
- Desk Supplies come in every patterns, color and style these days! Order a set based on your employees style and send with a personal note that includes a work trait that you appreciate about them.
- A Gift Card! You can even order them online and have a physical card shipped or the company will send an email with the download. How much easier can it get?
Whether that’s a card, a check or a thoughtful gift, making telecommuters feel included in a real-world company can brighten their sense of community on your team.
By considering these tips, your telecommuting staff will feel the warm camaraderie of a physical office, while enjoying the benefits of working from home.