Guest Posting for Credibility in Business
Are you looking for an easy way to get your name on dozens of websites as an expert in your field? Consider guest posting. What is guest posting? It’s where you write a piece of content- usually a blog post or a full length article- for a website that regularly posts information about or features on businesses in your business’s niche.
More and more companies are blogging these days and they all need content, so why not provide some free content in exchange for free publicity? Here’s the quickest and easiest way to get your company mentioned on a website’s blog:
1. Find some blogs that cover your business’s niche. For example, if you sell handmade jewelry you could search handmade jewelry blogs. Going by the average of 10% responses you will probably want to find 10 – 20 websites you are interested in pitching to get on at least 1 or 2 sites.
2. Get the website owner’s info and think about what you could write that their audience would want to know.
3. Pitch the post you would like to write and then wait for a response. Hopefully you will get a few people to say “YES! We’d love a free article from you.”
4. After the yes, you write the guest post and ask for your company link and your bio of about 2-3 sentences to be included at the very end of the article.
5. They post it and you officially can say “as featured on amazing handmade jewelry blog.”
6. Next, post the link on all of your social media accounts and leverage it with other websites to be featured as an expert on their site too.
Guest posting could lead to speaking opportunities, media attention, possible partnerships and more. An additional perk to guest posting is that sometimes the audience of the site you post to will be big enough to get the attention of other sites that may be interested in featuring you as a guest. The sky is the limit on how many sites you could appear on.
#onpoint #virtualoffice #govirtual #weop