Best Popcorn Recipes for National Popcorn Poppin’ Month
Odds are you’re going to want a snack at some point during your work day, but don’t reach for chips and candy bars. Instead, make some popcorn. No! We don’t mean the prepackaged kind. October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month and because of this we thought we would share some of the best popcorn recipes for this tasty snack. The best part? When you make your own recipes it’s much healthier than those overly processed ready made boxes!
The basics for each of these recipes include:
– A brown paper lunch bag
– ¼ cup of unpopped popcorn
– 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Add ingredients to a small bowl and mix until the popcorn is well coated.
2. Pour the mixture into a brown paper bag and fold the bag twice to three times to seal in the ingredients.
3. Stand the bag in the microwave (don’t lay it on its side) at full power for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until you hear a pause of 1-2 seconds between pops. Even if this occurs before the time is up stop the microwave.
4. Take out the bag and carefully open it to avoid the steam.
5. Pour into serving bowl and serve hot.
Now, get fancy with it
Here are some modifications to the recipe for flavor:
For each of these recipe mods you will pull out the bag from the microwave after the popcorn is done popping, add the mix, reseal the bag, shake it to coat and then pour popcorn into a serving bowl.
Classic: ¼ tsp of salt to taste with 1 tbsp. of butter
Garlic Parmesan: Add 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp. sea salt, ¼ tsp. crushed dried rosemary and ¼ tsp. garlic powder.
Sweet and Spicy Popcorn: Sugar and cinnamon and cayenne, oh my! For this recipe you will need to make a sweet and spicy popcorn blend that yields 4 tablespoons of seasoning mix. Grab the recipe for that here. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons (or to taste) of the mix over each batch of popcorn. Keep the seasoning mix in an airtight container to use on additional popcorn cravings for up to one month.
Mexican: Add ¼ tsp. chili powder, ¼ tsp sea salt and 1 tbsp. of hot sauce.
Sweet Tooth: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a ¼ tsp. of sugar, and a drizzle of honey.
At On Point our favorite flavorings are by Kernel Seasons. Check them out here. What kind of modifications can you think of to add to your healthier version of microwave popcorn? The possibilities are endless!
Contact us today to discover more about our suite of virtual office services and to explore our beautiful office space in Tampa. Want to know more about how we can help you go virtual? Click here to learn more about On Point Executive Center!
#onpoint #virtualoffice #govirtual